AllPrinceton.com was created by former CNN producer Donna Liu as a news hub for Princeton Borough and Township, focusing on public meetings, schools and development issues. The site was based at Princeton Community TV but became inactive after two years when it failed to find a way to be sustainable.
- Goals for 2010 (February, 2014) - By Donna Liu,Founder, AllPrinceton This is AllPrinceton’s to-do list for the rest of 2010: Website Further refinement of the architecture of the site More de-bugging of functionalities Making the interface more user-friendly Adding mobile interface Extending further into social media outlets Community Relations Increasing the number and diversity of “Trusted Authors” Boosting the public profile of […]
- Lessons from 2 Years of AllPrinceton.com (June, 2012) - By Donna Liu Founder, AllPrinceton.com In the two years since the All Princeton website (AllPrinceton.com) went live, it has become a stable platform for community news and input and has become a useful teaching tool for local journalism students. However, it has fallen short of being the engaging forum it was originally meant to be […]
- Outreach and Collaboration Take Over in Second Half of 2011 (December, 2011) - In the second half of 2011, AllPrinceton focused on developing media educational outreach, and cementing the collaboration with the local TV access station. Over the summer, our high school internship program gave selected students from the high school newspaper some multimedia training, including video and Web production techniques. These students also created some original community […]
- AllPrinceton.com Boasts Steady Content after One Year, Digital Media Bootcamp Planned for Fall (June, 2011) - By Emily Harwood, J-Lab Intern In just under one year of operation, All Princeton has secured its place amid other Princeton news outlets by developing a steady stream of content, engaging in outreach to attract followers and encouraging community participation. “The All Princeton website [has become] a stable source of community news and events, with its […]
- AllPrinceton Helps Form Hyperlocal News Association (March, 2011) - AllPrinceton, a hyperlocal site covering the town of Princeton, N.J., has doubled its web traffic in recent months and recently joined a growing number of sites in the newly formed Hyperlocal News Association in New Jersey. In the first quarter of 2011, web traffic to the AllPrinceton site has more than doubled on a month-to-month […]
- AllPrinceton Progress Report to J-Lab (September, 2010) - AllPrinceton is taking the “agile development” approach, which is to say the site was live long before it could be considered finished. Sometime in July, 2010, AllPrinceton.com went up very quietly, with barebones content and a few e-mails to beta-tolerant friends who would be willing to kick the tires. I don’t expect to ever be […]